I can officially call these an addiction now!
What started as a goal of 3 for gifts...
and 4 days to complete each---
morphed up to a dozen table toppers,
as I mastered the tasks and
was able to complete in 2 days
of focused full days work.
They are now my primary gift all family members will receive.
It all starts with a metal triangle...
a hot as hell iron,
and 5" fabric squares
Each square is first folded in half,
and then placed around the metal triangle
to create matching triangles.
Their identical size and seam line allows the alignment and entire structural creation.
The first 4 triangle pieces need the edges trimmed to allow visualization of the second row.
A 'lil dab of glue here and there on
each triangle... alignment is critical
After an outer reinforcement seam... I trimmed around the edges... and then
I added backing
and fusible fleece batting
I then quilted the 3 layers together with a quarter inch seam from pieced edge
Next up, back to the cutting table...
cutting backing and batting,
round to match the top now.
And finally... began to apply binding.
The first one took me multiple hours for four days in a row. Over several weeks on this project I would grow faster... more creative... and use a lot less glue then I did on the first ones...
No comments:
Post a Comment