Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Flora & Foliage Week 3 & 4: Free-Motion Quilting Challenge

I traveled to LA last weekend & Florida this week... so my sewing time has mainly been spent on EPP.

But I have managed to keep up somehow with my Flora & Foliage free-motion quilting challenge.

Weeks 3 & 4 were: 

Getting "Curvy" & jumping "peddles"... 

Her videos always share the technique "how to and that offers only a jumping off point for wherever my quilters fancy guides me.

Week 3: the Flower Meander


Her video tape reminds to:
• Keep the Petals the Same Size
• Fill in the Gaps
• Use the Petals to Move Around

Week 4 was all about the PEBBLES!

Her video shared the following Tips

 for Machine Quilting Pebbles

• Aim for Smooth, not Perfect

• Find the Right Speed

• Travel, Travel, Travel

Somehow-I am keeping up.

&

EPP is def becoming an obsession!!!


No comments: