Thursday, May 4, 2023

Meet Ellie the Elephant

Meet our newest household guest 
“Ellie the Elephant” 
from a pattern by 
Funky Friends Factory.  
I created her with a mixed blend 
of Tula Pink’s new 
Everglow fabric line! 
After I sewed head together 
I had to figure out the eyes... 
went better than I expected- 
PURCHASED SUPPLY ON AMAZON
but I wouldn't know that 
for sure until the stuffing!
Thrilled it finally started 
to resemble an elephant,
This is where I called it a day 
and picked it up next day... 
I must admit- it felt like
 I was just piecing a puzzle
 without edges or connection pieces...
At this point you truly have 
NO IDEA IF 
YOU ARE ON THE 
ROAD TO SUCCESS-
OR A TOTAL MESS!
And then you finally flip it- 
oy, those tusks, 
trunk and legs...
and then relief sets in- 
there it is: an elephant!
time to stuff:
and stuff...
oy, and STUFF- 
so many crooks to STUFF!
Finally, you hand stitch closed 
that back seam- 
alas, all that twisting, turning, 
stretching, and stuffing enlarged it 
quite a bit- SEW, it is a march larger seam
 to sew closed than it should have been 
But finally- she is complete!

********************************

In todays's Funky friends newsletter:




No comments: