Monday, November 28, 2016

Hoards of Christmas Glitter

Stacked in piles... in storage up above sat the remnants of Chanukah's & Christmas's past.
Decades & Decades worth.
Memories of holiday preparations past...

And as the decorations were carried down...
(and down... and down...)

...only one conclusion could be reached-
today was the day.
I could ignore it no longer. 

Every year as the holidays near, I am seduced by the new colors of the wrap & the ribbons of the season. And every year, as the gifts are opened- we keep the gift bags that are savable... the ribbons & bows still flowing and the wrappings yet to be used.
I pack them up in bags and boxes and shove them back in the closet atop the "older stuff".

And then the following year I do it all again...

This year while shopping at Sam's club, my yearly christmas tradition was to begin and my husband said- enough
We have so much wrap... use what we have first.

FINE! I will use it up- and then buy this years patterns. (I'll show him!)

So,
today I dug deep in to the back of the closet to wraps and boxes and bags untouched since the kids were young.

Stunned I had accumulated quite so much...
We carried down the tree...
Then came the crates.
11 plastic crates of decorations & "wrappings"!
Crates of bags & boxes & tissue & ribbons...
And Tall shopping bags full of even more!
And 4 tall crates full of gift wrap rolls of the patterns of seasons past.
Holy crap... that's a whole lotta wrap!!!


I haven't wrapped a thing yet, or finished unpacking the Christmas decorations-

My dining room table is a glittered crazy quilt of Christmas's past...
Help me Santa
The herpes of the craft world is winning...


2 days later:
I found it: The dining room!!!
I've sorted every gift bag & box and all the rest. 
They are now all organized by size & shape!!!
If you're near... come shop!

Who knows... eventually I may even get back to the holiday decorations...

RIBBONS FOR EVERYTHING


BAGS FOR EVERYTHING

BOXES FOR EVERYTHING

TAPE & TAGS

GIFT WRAP STATION AT THE READY!!!
RIBBONS, TAPE, TAGS, BOXES, BAGS, 
AND ROLLS & ROLLS OF WRAP





No comments: