Monday, September 17, 2018

Apples are Bloomin'

Have you committed to joining a "monthly project club for a year"? and then later wondered WTH was I thinking?

Well- here's a hoping I won't be saying those words a few months from now!

I decided to give it a go and 2018-2019 would be the year with the SHABBY FABRICS BLOOMING SERIES CLUB. There were several crafts I loved... but these wall hangings were all prefused & laser- cut applique that came with patterns, top fabrics, bindings & backings. They all finish approximately 11" by 17" and I can hang them & create a bit of a seasonally themed wall hanging monthly.

My kit arrived and sat on my table waiting for attention whilst I finished another rug. Now it was second week of September & I was finally ready to start my "September wall hanging".

That said... first I had to find my light box. When was the last time I used it?

... I think it was for that tracing... no wait, oh, I remember now. Hey- have to give myself memory kudos when I can :D 

The important thing is- I found it & created wall hanging. 






At last, my bouquet of fresh apples is ready for picking and as close as any of us in this Texas heat will be getting to doing so! 

I am pleased I finally finished it (even though it's past midway through the month). I wasted even a few more display days hanging my holder... 

Now, I can finally admire its crooked edges with a sense of accomplishment. 

Alas, Octobers block arrived today... I plan to make it my goal to finish it before the month starts??? (Time will tell)



Hanging on the wall beneath a finger painting
 my daughter created at age 5!



I am attaching a link in case you want more info and were not discouraged but what my wall hanging 
ended up looking like...
 Shabby Fabrics: Here for the details!



No comments: