Monday, March 15, 2021

Stuffin' up an Easter Bunny & BIB

Today I finished up a cute little Easter bunny for my grandson! I cut up a baby blanket I bought for this project with mixed squares of minky,  allowing a great variation of textures. However- It also meant enough fuzz to require frequent sewing room escapes. And There are truly no words to describe the mess in there! (I still need to go back in to that space and deep clean EVERYTHING. I dread cleaning my sewing machine- my Memorycraft really- really HATES Minky! But in the end- the soft lovee I will get to give my grandson when we visit in a few days for his first Easter will all be worth it!

 I used an all inclusive pattern purchased from swpea.com:

https://swpea.com/products/easter-bunny-stuffed-toy-5x7-6x10-7x12-9-5x14?_pos=17&_sid=14f5379c8&_ss=r
This stuffed doll required six hoopings
After all the machine work... you have to figure out best way 
to hand sew the head, arms and tail on
Once I hand sew it all together...  
arms and legs will remain movable. 
I did not attach limbs with button embellishment as pattern showed since its for a baby...
I created Tail from a tube of fuzzy fabric sewn in to a Pom Pom. I also cut up an old torn laundry bag for eggs lower basket front pocket). 
Applique Carrot fits in pocket... 
(alas, then it hides his name!)
Next, On to an ITH Easter Bunny Bib!
I used fabrics from all his previous baby 
handmades on the bib!
Adding those snaps with pizzazz!
Ready to travel!
************
March20, 2021:
Look what hopped on over to my grandson!


No comments: