Wednesday, March 31, 2021

"The Window full of Butterflies Quilt..."

When the February 2021 Quilty box was delivered with Jennifer Sampou's quilt pattern and supplies- I knew immediately it would be the perfect housewarming gift for my Mom as she made her move in this next chapter of her life.
The Quilty box kits arrive monthly- but 'til now... have remained admired- & mostly untouched. This one was perfect for my Mom and the instructions made it easy!
It came together over a few weeks-
 between projects...
Once fully pieced I began quilting on my 
Babylock Elisimo with my walking foot.
Then I switched over to hand embroidery
 to further embellish.
I machine piecing the binding on the front
and finished it off hand pieced.
Then I went crazy with the bedazzler!
Next up was creating a sleeve & label:
"The Window full of Butterflies..." 
to remind us that even though we are apart, 
his spirit is always with us to 
& forever in our heart ♥️ 
I hope she will hang it in her hew 🏡 home and and know it was created with love ❤️ 


No comments: