Wednesday, April 14, 2021

FMQ challenge WOODGRAIN week 1

I've decided 2021 is the year to take a break from the Covid cringe and learn new skills! I've joined both the free motion challenge and purchased the supplies to begin EPP!
Angela Walters goes on-line weekly to host
 a video and teach. 
All on a panel she herself designed 
to make it easier for those of us 
wanting to become free motion quilters!
No extra charge for her time... 
so kind of her and I am so excited 
to have options beyond walking foot 
and ruler quilting. 
Hopefully, the next 6 weeks 
will allow me that confidence 
as I embark on something 
completely avoided in the past...
After layering backing & batting 
behind the preprinted topper, 
I decided to straight stitch over lines 
to keep it all sandwiched 
(just in case my press in batting failed)...

I also had to piece together and attach outer border...
Eventually, I stopped doodling, quilting on samples, stalling & dove in...

My week 1: woodgrain section is finished! 






 

No comments: