Friday, September 2, 2022

Quilting Along AGAIN with Angela Walters

It was time for another 
with Angela Walters!
She generously gives of her time to create videos, free diagrams and share video chats on her site while free-motion quilting the topper she designed.


First I had to sew on the outer edges...
Then layer batting & backing.
And then week by week she posted demos, and suggestions for quilting block by block.
Over 6 weeks, (and a repair at my Bernina shop...
 I finished quilting it!
I Shaped it straight and readied the binding...
And I actually started in the back and 
then machine sewed it to the front!
No hand stitching!
First I had to do heavy duty pressing
 toward the font to flip the binding over.
 Next, I glue basted that binding in place- 
and actually bound the quilt 
without using 100 clips around the edges!
And here it is... WoooHooo!

 

No comments: