Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Embroidering Tula Pink's New Everglow

I could hardly wait to begin the stitching
 on my Bernina 880 
with Tula's newest 
EVERGLOW 
embroidery collection. 
omg- talk about 
intense embroidery.
But I think my machine and I 
have finally got in our groove. 
I know to clean & oil her daily... 
and change the needle at the start 
of each big project, 
or when the embroidery eats it. 
AND- 
to stay near and LISTEN. 
Always listen, 
even- if I am in the next room...
The most magnificent design
 in the new collection
 hands down is the Lion...
it is also: 
the most time consuming embroidery 
only design I have ever done.
But the results speak for themselves:
The 3 other main embroidery 
designs are the giraffe:
The elephant:
& the Hippo
A week later- 
I was ready to attempt a 
denim jacket.
I will use the jackets embroidery 
to share the step by step 
design layering:
It could see the lion beginning to appear...The mane was a lighter than I'd hoped- 
but I was NOT going to do it again!

And here it is 
completed on the back...
I hope to add some more to the jacket... 
time will tell.

No comments: