Friday, January 22, 2016

Selvages Found

Winter in Texas... bitter cold one day... record heat the next. It drives a person mad.
Distractions have kept me out of my sewing room... but I finally found my way back this week.

My goal is to remain focused on WIPs. I have so many! My local guild quilt show is coming up- and at this time I have NOTHING finished to enter!

I decided to try to complete the piecing of my selvage quilt this week. 
(I started it over a year ago!)
If I can get the topper done- I will just pass it on and let someone else quilt it. 
(I am too far behind to stress over completion on my standard machine...)


I collect selvages & sorted them by colors



I pieced the selvages to create "fabric"


Different shapes allow the creation of different STAR quilt blocks


largest focal star block

I completed 20 blocks before Quiltcon of varied sizes for a quilt layout class. I returned home with lots of ideas... but never sewed them together.
Over the months, other projects demanded attention & it got packed up.

But it is out now & back on the design wall!


block layout ideas?


block layout ideas?

Finally I chose one & decided to start sewing together clusters & columns. 
I had one layer cake left & several other bits & pieces... so whatever the final topper is... that's all there is.

final Bella Solids layer cake


"clusters & columns"






No comments: