Friday, August 12, 2016

Checklist Crumbles

 I picked up "the newly engaged" from the airport for their week 🏡 home .    

Time to work on that wedding planning checklist of the "must do's" that simply "must be" done... 

-The "Meet the Parents" dinner...
-The obligatory extended local family gatherings...
-Enduring the engagement photo shoots...

(Oyyyyy)...  Are we having fun yet???


I chose a special place for 🍷🍴 dinner 
with a great place for casual pics

He asked... She said yes!
(casual pic from i-phone)

And, they also wanted formal ones. Him being a Musician, they wanted a Grand Piano...




I snuck in for my own reflective pic via iPhone...

Life is chaotic these days & we are all riding a bit of an emotional roller coaster.
(With the Olympics being cheered on as the soundtrack!)

Quilting, as always, is my calm.

But my focus is just not there for a pattern... Crumb quilting is all I really feel like. 
Mostly it is mindless... and eventually, (I hope) it will clear out my scrap jars. 


growing collection of 6 1/4" square blocks


...my blocks are beginning to look like the makings of a great quilt...
AND
I've decided, once those bits of fabrics I've been hoarding (far too long)- are cut too small to piece elsewhere with a seam... it is time-

Time to take a deep breath... and even if I have been clinging on to it for years... 
Time to Let it go.

(... like letting go of those final bits of his childhood I have been clinging to, as I help plan his wedding...)


Now, if I could just empty the trash can...


SaveSave

No comments: