Sunday, March 12, 2023

Month 3 Mystery BOM “Ethereal Grove”

I have survived the creation of Month 3 of Sweet Pea’s Mystery Block of the month “Ethereal Grove”. My Tula Pink Fabrics and Embroidery thread got nearly as much use on this months blocks as my seam ripper and scissors. Time to start making plans for all those blocks with mistakes… because that pile keeps growing

🙄

I could not wait for the release of month 3... 
I was so eager to get started....
I jumped right in!!!
I absolutely loved this fabric idea... 
alas, not when I completed it :(
So back to restart next day...
Alas, I did not like this one either... 
and that was before I noticed error 
in placement of black/pink...
So next day I started- AGAIN
This one I liked... so I figured... 7 more to go 
Ummm, not quite...
Error after Error- 
and never found before block completion :(
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
But- 
let's back up a bit...
for I did manage to take pics 
of one full 
CORRECT 
block step by step.
DID I MENTION 
THIS WAS A 
CORRECT BLOCK?
I have had 8 fails at this point!!!
Finally- a fully completed block I loved!
And a few days later I finished the second one!
Except,
I didn't-
and it was back to that damn seam ripper and another day of stitching...
This quilts name when it is completed will most definitely have a name with exploitives!!!!
Anywho,
Eventually,
I found my way.
(And the growing row beneath the sign 
"Shit happens"
will eventually be used for 
"something"- I hope...)
In the quilt it will look something like this:

No comments: