Tuesday, October 10, 2023

BOM 10 Ethereal Grove Quilt

I finished September 
with a major WIN!
Traded in my old Babylock 
for a B700!
Now I have a dedicated 
embroidery machine 
and my B880 can bounce 
between quilting and 
whatever else I need it to do!
I started with a Bernina B700 machine design... 
and of course it HAD to be an elephant!
Then- it was on to my BOM 
Ethereal Grove Quilt.  
This month is 16 triangles 
to complete block 10!
Quite the challenge!
Being triangular 1/2 squares, 
I was able to knock out 2 at a time... 
using less stabilizer
considered "the red work"
Fabric B:
painters tape helps keep fabric
 edges out of the way...
fabric c
and finally, fabric d...
nearly ran out of bobbin thread...
thank goodness I had another, 
tis good to hoard!
Steps 22-26 embroidered the firefly: 
glow, thorax, head, wings, and shell. 
MY FAV part of the blocks!
love the way the metallics look... 
but they split & fray often, 
so I use sparingly. 
But had to go metallic on these fireflies!
love it!
Yesssssss......
with all 16 panels completed 
and pinned in place:

As posted on Instagram:

It’s a wrap for month 10- 
October’s “Ethereal Grove” 
mystery block of the month. 
All 16 of this month’s 
triangular blocks framed 
outer edges and I can finally 
begin to see an outline 
to the total design for this 
mystery BOM quilt… 
or at least I think so. 
Only 3 months left! 






 

No comments: