Saturday, October 28, 2023

Freestanding Gingerbread Cookie Cabin

 How do you make a caloric free 

Freestanding Gingerbread Cookie Cabin 

to ring in holidays???

I now know it includes a mere 

16 hours and 35 minutes of in the hoop Embroidery in motion time.  

That is 348,676 stitches before 

assembling the 15 completed blocks 

to build the house! 

It includes a frantic trip 

to my local quilt shop for a 

bobbin repair and a hell of 

a lot of thread and patience. 

#oesd_embroidery 

#scissortailstitches 

#scissortailstitchesfreestandingcookiecabin 

#bernina700 

#machineapplique

1 down... 14 more to go!
making the base
I tried to complete 1-2 pieces a day
After days sewing,
I'd cut stabilizer near edge...
than soak it out and let dry overnight.
...and then begin again next day...
Until it all came to a bobbin standstill :(
and my bobbin spring sprung out of its case :(
It's the dangling wire that should be attached.

After much frustration, 

it was brought to my attention-

 I could finish up on 

the other machine... DUH!!!!!

Last 2 pieces complete- 

one last crisis:

Soaked all the pieces in starchy water- only to discover the plumbers turned off the water for the rest of the day :(

Eventually- I got it dealt with it---

using my bottled water 

since I had to get that goop off at that point!

And then it just waited to dry out over night.

Today:

I deep pressed all flat:

holes punched
seams stitched in place
I began pulling "nubs" through the loops
I then clipped each button nub 
in place briefly til seam was joined
roof:
top layer sits atop lower, 
but is not joined to allow fillings
And here is my completed house:
FB group post:

Geesh- Wish I'd done the math 

on this one before I started- 

but thrilled with the results. 

I enlarged 140%: 

The Scissortail Stitches 

Freestanding Cookie Cabin (#51280) 

took me 16 hours and 

35 minutes in the hoop time!

With lights inside!

No comments: