Wednesday, March 13, 2024

A "Little House on the Prairie" Baby Quilt!

Grandbaby number 4 has 
a "due date" 5 weeks from now!
And at our place these days, 
It is all about celebrating 
Little House on the Prairie's
50th anniversary!
I found these great panels on Etsy
 and decided they were perfect 
for quilt centers and my Apron!
I added this wonderful 
bluebonnet background fabric 
to make it all like truly applique!
Whilst I absolutely loved the outcome---Alas,
I realized after all that work,
 it would not go with the 9 patch blocks I created.
So I set it aside for the next project,
and started over...
Alas, I got so in to the process,
No pics of my progress.
Now I had a complimentary set
 of blocks and was ready to create my topper...
With tone on tone 
Little House fabrics,
 I used in-the-hoop 
embroidery quilting to 
create heart design blocks...
I surrounded my prairie 
girl in a true 
"Little House on the Prairie" print.
Next, I surrounded it 
with the nine patches 
and "heart" blocks.
close-up:
I trimmed outer border to 4 inch, 
created a quilt binding... 
and began to sew in place.
Binding sewn to front of quilt...
ironed taught and 
clipped in place to the back 
of the quilt to stitch in place.
and here she is... 
ready for grand baby number four
 due this April!


No comments: