Monday, February 26, 2024

LHOP50th Anniversary TOTE

Here is the tote I created in celebration of Little House on the Prairie. I consider it my final project to complete my LHOP50th Anniversary weekend ensemble. I hand sketched the outline of the Ingall’s house in Walnut Grove and then appliquéd assorted fabrics to create the panel for the tote. Perhaps a metal bucket or basket would be more accurate for costume, but this will be far more practical! See ya’ll at the Little House on the Prairie 50th Anniversary cast reunion and festival March 22-24 in Simi Valley, California. #littlehouseontheprairie#littlehousefestival #lhop50thanniversary #skiptomylou


Now that my dress and prairie bonnets

were complete, I knew I needed a tote. 

I searched on line for an image I liked to copy.

This seemed to be the one they were
 going forward with... literally.

SEW, I set to work...
First I came up with a 
very basic applique pattern. Unfortunately, not may pics as I created this applique...

I kept the totes back relatively simple,

I think it will work well!


No comments: