Friday, December 11, 2015

A Quilt for Kira

I am relieved to say I completed the baby quilt I had been working on these past 2 weeks for a distant relative.

Somehow, I popped it in to the mail yesterday!
I found it so hard to create a quilt with the color choices of someone else when I really do not like the way they work together. I hope she will be happy with it.



Improvised "pick-up sticks" blocks joined and hung on my design wall


Mom's color choices:
Mint
yellow
gray


basted and ready for quilting


Quilted with my walking foot, on my Babylock 
& ready to have the edges squared off...


Ready for binding...


close-up


(I decided on white for binding & created pieced 2 1/2" strips.)

Binding sewn in place... to rear of quilt- ready to be 
wrapped around to front for final machine attachment



And finished... 


label ready to be sewn in place...

Before shipping, I washed the quilt twice in the same dreft I had used to prewash the fabrics and batting before I began the project.

I hope Mom will get her package next week and know it was quilted with love...


Welcome to the world Kira!!!


December 20, 2015:

Mom sent us this pic today!









No comments: