Friday, December 11, 2015

Quilting & Crafting for Christmas!

It's time to decorate for the Holidays! 
I love the opportunities they share with us for creativity.
I look forward to on-line sharing & visiting the homes of friends.

Below is a table runner created with both machine embroidery & quilt as you go:

Table runner on my design wall


I am so pleased with it's completion, I actually brought it to my quilt guild for show and tell!

Displayed at show & tell while I babble at mike to describe my quilt


Here are some block close-ups:








 And here it is on my kitchen table:



Next up was garland
I decided to create my own from ribbons! I collected ribbons of every width, colors, pattern...

I used a clothes line as a "center" and tied the ribbons to it & just kept building up the length & texture...

What I created was a Looooong feather boa & I love it!






And here it is displayed & spreading colorful cheer around my fireplace!




I needed a "gift" swap project & had lot's of thinner ribbons left. 
I decided to create a small wall hanging with them and added some further embellishment with buttons.



My tree,
 shaped from ribbons glued down to a purchased placemat.
Atop, I also added ribbons to make it hangable.



Time for a Christmas tree skirt
I used the same fabrics from the table runner & created a colorful dresden plate pattern...



finished skirt on my design wall




And then I added a crown!
I used a crafters metal ring, (purchased in floral section of Michaels) & tied long strands of ribbon around it to let it flow over the tree.



Tree fully decorated:
Skirt, Ornaments, & Crown


Perhaps I will create some further decorations... 
but time is tight, so I think this will likely be it this year... 

Happy Holidays!










No comments: