Friday, February 12, 2016

2016 Challenge Block & a Layer Cake of Cotton & Steel

Our guilds quilt show is near & it is giving me that needed push to get back on the creative bandwagon!

It was a very productive week. 
I completed the 2016 challenge block for the Quilt Guild of East Texas. 
The challenge was to create a block using 16 different fabrics!

I pieced together 16 fabric swatches & created a block I called
"VARIEGATED THREAD"



This is the first year our show will hold a modern category. So I decided to use a layer cake I was given as an X-mas gift & create a small throw.


Cotton & Steel Honeymoon Layer Cake
by Sarah Watts



I pieced the triangles back into blocks, pressed, & squared off


block manipulation number 1


block manipulation number 2


block manipulation number 3


row by row piecing





After topper was fully pieced... 
I decided it was too small for a throw-
back to the cutting table I went


exploring layout for row 6



Exploring layout for column 5



"fully pieced topper"


Awaiting backing fabric that I ordered on line... 
to be continued...





No comments: