Saturday, February 27, 2016

Ziggity-Zag

It has been an exhaustively, albeit productive quilting week... 

My chevron quilt is now completely quilted & with binding attached... only sleeve remains.

A member of my local guild, Robin Kinley took on the task of long arm quilting my selvage quilt- and now all that remains is its binding. Alas... that is the part that panics me most. It means cutting away batting and backing STRAIGHT, manipulating the VERY HEAVY and for me way over sized quilt through my home machine and making the edges straight & corners look sharp. 
This being the first time we have a modern category- I found out I have the honor of a very special placement in our quilt show display for this quilt- only adding to my already current binding anxiety.

You see, arthritic discomfort aside... I don't mind hand binding the back... it's that straight edge cutting and straight line border edge that has my mouth going dry and anxiety levels high. (So much for a relaxing hobby!)

The Quilt Guild of East Texas' quilt show begins March 18th... and ALL quilts must be delivered to the convention center on Tuesday, March 15th.
THAT GIVES ME EXACTLY 17 DAYS TO BIND THIS QUILT.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!



Chevron quilt created with a layer cake by Cotton & Steel


All piecing and quilting completed on my Babylock Elissimo

Za design wall

fully quilted


binding

Ziggity-Zag




And, a sneak peak at my selvage quilt:






















No comments: