Friday, July 15, 2016

Ricky Tims, Jacquie Gering, Selvage Strips & my walking foot

After a 2 week visit with my sisters gang neared its end and the house was once again returning to normal.... 
I was rewarded with a long needed and much looked forward to: new sewing machine to bring with me to workshops. 

I have had a rough time with servicing on my "travel" workshop machine and it was time for us to part. I bought my new one at my local quilt shop. I know I can count on A Nimble Thimble in Tyler, Texas... so I am relieved to finally have a sewing machine from their shop!
And
The fact that it is a Bernina Special Edition Ricky Tim's makes it even more special!!!

Bernina 350 SE

The week required a lot of practice and learning on my new machine... Bernina is very different from my Babylock...


A sampling of the stitches on my new machine!

I needed to prepare several quilt sandwiches for a special workshop with Jacquie Gering. 
But- most of my time & efforts went to prep for a Bionic Gear Bag class my modern quilt guild is offering Saturday!


Between creating fabric for the outer quilted wrap, collecting supplies, and then measuring, cutting, interfacing, & prepping... I wonder if I will regret signing on for this one!!!

All the piece for Bionic Gear Bag Workshop

On Thursday was our monthly meeting of the Quilt Guild of East Texas. I was extremely excited this month that they brought in National speaker Jacquie Gering for a lecture & workshop entitled: Creative Quilting With the Walking Foot. Jacquie is the President of The Modern Quilt Guild!

Later that evening, we enjoyed Jacquie's company at 🍷🍴 dinner in celebration of our groups 2 year anniversary... 
It was also a celebration of 6 months as a chapter of the Modern Quilt Guild!


Today was spent at in an ALL DAY workshop: Creative Quilting With the Walking Foot with Jacquie Gering...
I learned soooo much... but I am exhausted!



I never realized how many different ways a walking foot could be used in quilting. 
This being my first experience on my new machine... I learned even more!
It was a great workshop... I left with a lot of new info... motivations... and an added eagerness to quilt with my walking foot.





No comments: