Friday, July 1, 2016

Texas Row-By-Rows & a special one from Florida!

 It's been a very busy week! My sister's family drove down from Florida, so the preparations have been plentiful. Thankfully, there was still time for some sewing to keep me sane amongst the frenzy...

This time of year- quilt shops all over the USA, Canada and Europe offer a challenge called Row-By-Row. Local quilt shops create blocks under this years theme "🏡 HOME" and folks like me collect as many free patterns, purchase kits for the rows I really like & store created license plates. 

Quilters who complete an 8 row minimum quilt and are the first to display to a quilt shop win fat quarters. (That won't ever be me!)
But I love the collecting part. And this year there are lots of applique!

So, my week started with a road trip with a few members of The Tyler Modern Quilt Guild. We visited McKinny & Plano, Texas and had a ball!


Members of The Tyler Modern Quilt Guild

A days bounty of Rows & license plates!


 So far, I have only started two blocks.


block from Stitchin' Heaven: Mineola, Texas



slowly, working my way through applique details...




Anyways... that will have to be it for sewing for a while...
The visit with my family is off to a great start! (And they even picked up a row along the way!)

Kawa's Japanese Restaurant: Tyler, Texas



No comments: