Thursday, September 3, 2020

CARDIASTREAM Mask Central

After making over 120 masks... 
My husband requested I create some custom fabric & masks for he and his partners.
It is actually far easier than I would have thought...

On line I found the company:
SPOONFLOWER.COM
Once you sign up... they talk you through the whole process!

I started with our cardiology practice logo.
I played around a bit with layout... 
Finally, we made a decision and placed I my order.

It took several weeks for delivery.

Here is what screen looked like: 

Logo entered:

eventual design created:



By the time my fabric arrived, 
I had tried out so many different patterns
 and varied filter options... 
that I had my favorites.

I decided the in-the-hoop by Creative Appliques lays best over the N95 required within our hospital. 
It can be found at:

https://creativeappliques.com/shop/in-the-hoop-face-mask-pleated-pocket-2/

I used a 50% off coupon and purchased 15 yard bolt of Pellon 30 stabilizer from JoAnns for $20!

Pellon 30 Stabilizer, White 20" x 15yd board

Item #: 14590087

QTY: 1


and nose bridge strips from amazon...




And 30 masks later... 



Here's how:

BEFORE YOU DO ANY SEWING- 

THE PATTERN MUST BE PRINTED AND YOU MUST CREATE A BOARD TO PRESS AND CREASE FABRICS BEFORE PLACING IN HOOP! THIS & CUTTING IS THE MOST TIME CONSUMING PART.



https://creativeappliques.com/shop/in-the-hoop-face-mask-pleated-pocket-2/
on my Babylock Elissimo


First step gives you the outline to follow for the rest!

back of mask top is first piece

Stitches will eventually be entry for nose bridge

Carefully lining up PRESSED SEAMS... overlapping, and using painters tape makes it easy peasy!

You can see seams are now fixed in place by stitchwork.


Next, you tape prepared side pieces in place



Once those are stitched in place... 
you apply the front of mask face down

Before flipping, You will carefully slit, just the top layer of backing to slide in the nose bridge strip
And then flip all and attach straps through sides and stitch in center to hold







Dr. Lieberman & Dr. Israel 

Tyler, Texas                       

https://cardiastream.com




 

No comments: