Tuesday, September 29, 2020

3/4 LUCKY CHARM

Thank you to Jaybird Quilts 
for the team support and guidance through 
Weeks 3 & 4 of Journey 2 Nebula. 
These 2 weeks were spent creating the LUCKY CHARM pillow.
Week 1: 
I successfully completed cutting out all my charms from True Colors fabrics by Tula Pink.

And then- I was surprised by DH with 
plane tickets he bought at the last minute for a 
trip to finally go see our grandson!!!
So, I quickly grabbed some Tula scraps 
to create a special decorative headband 
and triple layered mask for flight... 
& was ready to go.
Flying during quarantine leaves a lot to be desired... but it is VERY worth the hugs awaiting. So we masked up... & dragged on. 
After arrival we decontaminated- 
and then our reward:
Meet Abraham Martin 4 Months Old!


Back in my quilting room-  
I returned to my journey- week 4:
Our FB board is great for shared ideas and learnings. This week I picked up on the tip for using B&W to evaluate the real lay out....

Once layout decision was finalized... I began sewing one row at a time.
I used a fusible batting and old fabric for backing
Once quilted, I shaped edges and created a puffy border using 2" strips of batting
Then I clipped the topper, border, and backing ... 
and completed sewing



 

No comments: