Thursday, September 3, 2020

James the Giraffe

As my grandson celebrated turning 3 months old... 
I decided to sew a special edition for him in celebrate ONE HUNDRED DAYS.




I decided to use left over fabrics and 
send James the Giraffe as a visitor in our place for yet another milestone missed... 

Pattern can be found at Sweet Pea:
https://swpea.com/products/james-the-giraffe-stuffed-toy-ith-in-the-hoop-5x7-6x10?variant=37854243405


 
Description
Cute stuffed toy Giraffe we call James made in the 5x7 or 6x10 hoop.  It is a machine embroidery design. Both sizes are included with your purchase.Very quick and easy to make.  Requires four hoopings and you will need to hand sew the legs and ears on.  The eyes, mouth and neckband are on both sides of the giraffe. 
They would be perfect for craft markets, gifts etc.  
Full photo instructions are provided.
Designs come in all formats except ART. Bernina's can use EXP. Formats pes, hus, sew, xxx, jef, vp3, vip, mit, dat, dst, exp etc. All formats are included with your purchase.


I am really glad I chose it, because... 
It was one of the easier patterns for a toy I have created!

Before starting, I followed instructions and prepared card wraps with "ribbon" at the instructed size for tail and mane.
The ribbon I chose was special because I had used it many years earlier on special invitations for her. (Not that she will recognize it!)

Unfortunately, I forgot to take pics, of the early stages... 

But- After 4 hoopings
you have created the 4 legs, body, and ears/antena..

Then... using painters tape... you slowly attach the ribbons in place.

Eventually... my machine jammed up!

However, by then- all the real work was done, so I simply finished it up by regular machine straight stitching. 

Easy Peasy!

Then I placed the  top layer over the "mound and straight stitched all closed- leaving the bottom open to hand stitch later.

 

I was so excited to finally flip it!
And better yet... 
find he was in tact and machine jam hadn't effected it!


After all was turned and pressed it was time to tightly stuff. 


And then hand stitch... slowly...
Whilst it is cuter to finish the legs with buttons, I opted out since its for a baby.

Next... A yarn cut and final shaping... 
and then he would be ready to journey.





September 5, 2020
Our little giraffe made it to Indiana!
(Avram has welcomed it in to his world!)



In other notes...

 As we begin our seventh month coping with the Covid epidemic... 
my Mask making skills have been perfected... 
and as I near 200 masks completed... 
I am reminded- it is a skill I have no desire to have :(


No comments: