Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Baptismal Bonnets

Wooohoooo! 
I am officially done with 
the Baptism sewing "musts". 
Anything, else I create from 
here on will be a plus... 
but not a must.
I sewed simple slips 
to go below their gowns... 
Kept seams to a minimum.
But...
When it came time for bonnets-
I needed a break from 
all the white on white!
I was reaching a point where 
even the Olympic Games 
and all their snow ventures
 were too much white!
So I created this "ribbon" 
with the twins names 
and yellow roses.
Hopefully, it will be OK for the baptism...
I sewed the strip I embroidered
 with their names to Entredeux
 on both sides and then added 
a 1 1/2" strip from the tops 
to their dress bodices.

I needed to piece a total 
panel size for 3 months 
to measure 13" X 16".
Then I folded it in half
 and sewed it down creating the bonnet,
leaving a seam in the back for ribbon.

I added 24" ribbons for neck ties
 and sewed in place 8" in. 
Then I created a "flower" 
over the attachment spot.
Ribbon in back in threaded through seam & sewn a few stitches in center to stay put.
And here is how bonnet 
will look worn...
Full baptismal ensemble:

No comments: