Thursday, February 3, 2022

The Book Shelf Quilt

I participated in the Sweet Pea Embroidery
Book Shelf Sew Along 
for the month of January! 
It had been a long time since I had been 
so fully motivated by an online 
machine embroidery project!
Each block could be personalized 
by fabric selections of course. 
But they also encouraged us 
to add our own book titles 
and other wording.
I could create a block in about 2-3 hours... probably faster if I could have wasted less time typing.
And then there were the unusable blocks like above... either spelling errors I noticed too late- or cutting errors making them unusable :(
I did little else!!!
It took a week or so 
to create all my blocks.
Then came the blocking decisions for placement...
I tried this jazzy bookshelf idea... 
but changed my mind 
since it seemed to bury the books.
Eventually I went with a narrower bookcase...
And here she is.... Displayed in Guest room.
Perhaps someday, We will even be past covid and welcome frequent guests again...





 

No comments: