Saturday, April 4, 2015

April's thaw needed :(

I just returned home from a week visiting family. (I had planned it for a few days after our guilds show as a combo escape-reward).
While there, I spent several hours making a purse with my niece. I am envious of her enthusiasm and determination to learn to sew. Kimberly is 10 1/2 now and each visit brings with it another eagerly anticipated lesson on her machine.








But, I am back home now, finally caught up on laundry... 
and packing up those final stragglers remaining in the kitchen for its remodel. They will finally break down the first wall on Monday. 

Everything I brought home after our quilt show remains stacked on my cutting table. 
I just can't seem to bring myself in there to sort it.

There are official documents from guild show stuff. 
The few items I actually purchased... including the silent auction items I bought because they were homemade & I could not bring myself to let them go unsold. (But would not have otherwise)

Then there are the quilts I entered... and atop, my earned ribbons. 
I would usually proudly display them on the wall. (Though no one but myself is likely to ever see them). 
Sadly... the are simply displayed atop the stack... 

I fear I have quilter's burn out. It has been coming on for a while now & I just don't seem to be able to shake it.

I don't know why I haven't been inspired... or even motivated to quilt.
I know it is all in my head & I have no real reason not to.

I have a dear friend determined to get me over the hump... I hope we make it... I need the distraction and calming from the remodel chaos.

Have you ever suffered burnout? How did you get past it?

My goal for April is just that: to get my mojo back...
to return to the outlet I love...
to get back to the joy in QUILTING... 


I created this quilt of my daughter last year... 
      "Springs Sunflowers for Deandra"




No comments: